Sunday 4 June 2017

Practicing Patience

I'm being patient.   8 days with no food,  nasogastric tube suctioning and PICC insertion with TPN infusion(food through IV)  to start tomorrow.

Over the past number of months adhesions from previous surgery have  slowly  being tightening around my small bowel.  Now there is a partial blockage.  

You would think I would be more frustrated and annoyed.   Truthfully,  I'm relieved.  
I am relieved that they have finally figured out why I've been having slowly increasing pain since last fall. 
I'm relieved they've figured out why I've lost 30lbs over the past 4 months despite very hard work  to consume enough concentrated calories.  
I'm relieved something can be done to improve my quality of life.
Most of all, I'm relieved that they believe this is an adhesion problem not a cancer regrowth (of course they don't know for sure until surgery).

The potential plan is for a bowel resection this coming week.   Monday will be the turn around for a new attending doctor to take over.   Discussions will hopefully happen tomorrow and from that more of a plan for moving forward!

1 comment:

  1. Naarah you are so strong and resilient, you are in my thoughts so often.

    ReplyDelete