Sunday 25 February 2018

7th Birthday

This weekend has been a very special weekend.   My daughter turned 7 years old.  

I've been working slowly over the last number of months prepping cake decor,  decorations,  crafts and activities for her party.   I love doing these sorts of projects and for me to participate with it I had to slowly working away at different parts needing to be done.  

Archeology sand blocks were made before Christmas.  Decorations printed and created early in January.   The cake was made a few weeks ago and frozen just needing to add the last minute details the night before.  

I also had amazing helpers with prepping many things.   This week an amazing friend has been in town and I've put her to work with last minute pick ups and set up and clean up.   My sister-in-law also picked up party food and led crafts and activities with the kiddos and clean up.   My hubby helped with my medical things as well as entertaining the kids and playing with them in the snow.  

The party was a success and it meant so much more than just a regular party.   You see it's hard to shake the thought of lasts.  
That quite possibly was the last birthday party I'll throw for my daughter and that made it extra special.   My life expectancy is very uncertain because we have no clue how quickly the cancer is growing and that is quite the challenge.   But, I will continue living life one day at a time and attempting to get every moments of joy out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment